A Silent Silhouette on Remembrance Sunday, 10 November 2019
The Group Remembrance Service this year took place at St Andrew’s Church, Little Berkhamsted and at the village War Memorial.
Bright sunshine lit up the autumn colours on the churchyard’s towering beech trees, as the ceremonial procession and the congregation made their way along Church Road towards the memorial cross. The playing of the Last Post, the Two Minutes Silence and the sombre proceedings of prayers in memory of those who sacrificed their lives in the service of their country, were marked by the presence of a ‘Silent Silhouette’ of a British Soldier. The figure stood, in silence, beside the Memorial, as if deep in thought whilst reading the names of the dead inscribed in the stone. A poignant reminder to us all that ‘We must never forget’.
Photographs and introduction by Jerry O’Reilly.
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Big Lunch, June 2022
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacon Evening, June 2022
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Flower Festival, June 2022
- Little Berkhamsted Pantomime 2021
- Little Berkhamsted Litter-pick 2021
- Little Berkhamsted Pantomime 2019
- St Andrew’s Summer Picnic 2019
- Remembrance Day 2018
- Little Berkhamsted Pantomime 2017